Welcome to the Kids Courses at The English Learning Centre!
At the English Learning Centre, we believe that learning English can be a fun and exciting journey for young learners. Our carefully crafted courses provide an engaging and immersive environment where children can develop their language skills while building confidence and having a great time.
The Jeli Club has been a huge success since the school started with many of our current senior students having started with us at this level. Designed specifically for this age group the children are introduced to English through interactive activities, songs, stories and games. Our experienced teachers create a nurturing and stimulating atmosphere where kids can explore the language, develop their listening and speaking skills and lay the foundation for future language learning success.
Achievements gained at this level:
- Read and write their name
- Recognise and say simple words – letters, numbers and objects
- Understand instructions
- Hold a simple conversation and answer questions about themselves
- Use specialised phonic workbooks and activities to help develop pronunciation, sound and letter recognition, plus helps them develop the coordination they need for hand writing.
This curriculum builds up the children’s confidence to ensure steady progress in all areas – reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Dynamic lessons and engaging classroom activities bring students to life and create a happy atmosphere for learning which fosters a love for English as they see their communication skills developing. Many of our students see it as a highlight of their week.
Achievements gained at this level:
- Express opinions and make suggestions
- Talk about problems and ask for help when they need it.
- Read longer texts, silently and out loud.
- Increase their vocabulary and practice their spelling.
- Write and speak about everyday things and what they have done at home, school or on holiday.
- Work in groups or solo on projects and activities for display in the classroom.
This Cambridge exam course curriculum expands on all the core elements taking students from the elementary stage all the way to the highest level – Native Speaker ability. Many of our students have now gone on to University both in Bulgaria and abroad with this qualification.
With more adult themes these courses introduce teenagers to concepts and decision making situations they will face in their adult life. They gain understanding of the nuances of English through listening and reading and learn with guidance from experienced teachers how to express their ideas fluently in their writing and speaking. Role play and topical discussions are popular activities in these classes.
Practice exams help students become familiar with the exam structure and process, and allows them to gauge their strengths and weaknesses. With feedback from the teacher students can then approach a Cambridge Exam with confidence.
Achievements gained at the lower levels:
- Introduce themselves and answer questions about themselves
- Interact with English speakers at a basic level
- Read and understand simple texts and articles in English
- Write stories, letters and emails on everyday subjects
- Make notes from written and spoken text
- Show awareness of opinions and mood in spoken and written English
Achievements gained at the higher levels:
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, expressing opinions and presenting arguments
- Write clear, detailed English, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view
- Write letters, reports, stories and other types of text
- Follow the news and sporting events
- Follow an academic course at university level
- Participate with confidence in workplace meetings or academic tutorials and seminars
- Express themselves with a high level of fluency in social, academic or work situations
- Communicate effectively at a managerial and professional level
In our commitment to staying at the forefront of educational advancements, we have incorporated artificial intelligence as a writing aid. All our students gain access to a free essay writing assistant powered by AI, which provides personalized feedback and guidance to enhance their writing skills. This innovative tool ensures that our students receive comprehensive support in their language development.
Located in the vibrant heart of Varna, we are close to all the central schools and major bus routes, only a two minute walk down from Maria Luisa Bld and just above Sevastopol.